WAP Copyright Licence
The following terms (as amended from time to time) set out the rights
and obligations you will be requested to accept if you seek to download any document
contained on this web site for your own use. If you do not understand any of
these terms, you should seek assistance from your legal advisor.
Whenever you seek to download a document from this web site, you will be
presented with an up to date set of terms and conditions. PLEASE READ THOSE
TERMS CAREFULLY AS YOU WILL BE ASKED TO ACCEPT THEM PRIOR TO DOWNLOADING THE
- In this Licence unless the context otherwise requires:
"Acceptance Date" means the date
on which you accept these terms and conditions and
download a Document.
"Copyright" means the copyright in
"Licensor" means Wireless
Application Protocol Forum Ltd. a company incorporated in
England and Wales (registered no. 3488861), the registered
office of which is at Third Floor, Abbots House, Abbey
Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 3BD, England.
a "Document" means the information
contained in an electronic file which has been published
on the Licensorís web site.
"Works" means works created by you
which reproduce a Document or any part of a
- The Licensor grants you a non-exclusive royalty free
licence to download, reproduce and use the Documents
subject to these terms and conditions (the
- In consideration of the Licensor granting the Licence,
you agree to adhere to these terms and conditions.
TERM AND TERMINATION
- Your Licence shall commence on the Acceptance Date.
- Your Licence will terminate automatically if you fail
to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this
- Termination of this Licence does not affect either
partyís accrued rights and obligations as at the date of
- Upon termination of this Licence for whatever reason,
you shall cease to make any use of the Copyright.
- All provisions of this Licence, the survival of which
are necessary for the interpretation or enforcement of a
partyís rights or obligations, shall survive termination
of this Licence and shall continue in full force and
- You shall not denigrate the integrity of the Copyright
and shall not:
- remove the copyright notice on a Document or any
document reproducing a Document;
- vary or remove the title of a Document;
- use all or any part of a Document as part of a
specification or standard not emanating from the
Licensor without the prior written consent of the
- do or permit others to do any act or omission in
relation to a Document which is contrary to the
objectives of the Licensor as stated in its Memorandum
and Articles of Association.
- All Works shall bear a clear notice asserting the
Licensorís Copyright. The notice shall use the wording
employed by the Licensor in its own copyright notice
unless you are otherwise instructed by the Licensor.
- The Licensor warrants to you that it is the owner or
licensee of the Copyright.
- You hereby undertake to the Licensor that you will,
without prejudice to any other right of action which the
Licensor may have, at all times keep the Licensor fully
and effectively indemnified against all and any liability
(which liability shall include, without limitation, all
losses, costs, claims, expenses, demands, actions,
damages, legal and other professional fees and expenses on
a full indemnity basis) which the Licensor may suffer or
incur as a result of, or by reason of, any breach or
non-fulfilment of any of your obligations in respect of
- You undertake to notify promptly the Licensor of any
threatened or actual infringement of the Copyright which
comes to your notice and shall, at the Licensorís request
and expense, do all such things as are reasonably
necessary to defend and enforce the Licensorís rights in
- This Licence is personal to you, the person
downloading the Document or your employer if you have
downloaded in the course of your employment.
- A failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right
or remedy provided by this Licence or by law by a party
does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or a
waiver of those rights or remedies. No single or partial
exercise of a right or remedy provided by this Licence or
by law prevents further exercise of the right or remedy.
- The rights and remedies contained in this Licence are
cumulative and not exclusive of rights or remedies
provided by law.
- To the extent that any provision (in whole or in part)
of this Licence is held to be illegal, invalid or
unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law, it shall
be deemed not to form part of this Licence and the
legality and enforceability of the remainder of this
Licence shall not be affected.
- The headings to clauses in this Licence are for the
purpose of information and identification only and shall
not be construed as forming part of this Licence.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- This Licence shall be subject to, and construed and
interpreted in accordance with, English law.
- The parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Nothing in Clause 11.2 shall prevent the Licensor
applying to the courts of another country for injunctive
or other interim relief.
To the WAP Specifications Page